Hot Water Recirculator Knocking

Users who are viewing this thread

janinemc

Reaction score
My hot water recirculator knocks regularly when it is on. It used to do it occasionally and in the last week it started doing it whenever it is on. I don't know where to being to troubleshoot this. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
Do You have an expansion tank? Are the pipes secured well,and not against one another? Air chambers on the H+COLD risers

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
Do You have an expansion tank? Are the pipes secured well,and not against one another? Air chambers on the H+COLD risers. ?

janinemc

Reaction score
I honestly don't know. I will inspect my hot water heater closet and better understand the configuration. Thanks for the starting point.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
knock

Probably the check valve. There may be something impeding the flow so it opens and closes, or something may cause a backflow so it is pushed closed after, or while, the pump is trying to keep it open.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks