Difference Between Toto Drake/UltraMax

Users who are viewing this thread

rhodesjrsr

Reaction score
What is the difference between the Toto Drake and the Toto UltraMax?

We need to make sure it is ADA height and a round bowl.. plain white is fine..
Is one better than the other and why? Is an insulated bowl all that important?

We are looking to replace 7 old water sucker (pun intended) toilets w/ water saving ones... that work well. 2 will go into my house and 5 will go into rentals (1 4 family and 1 single family).

Any thoughts?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The only high (16-1/8"), round bowl (26-1/4" front to back) that Toto makes is the CST733F Dalton.
I've used that for a number of rentals with small bathrooms.

The difference between the Drake and the Ultramax, is mainly that one is one-piece, and the other has a bolted on tank.
Performance is very similar.
The one-piece comes with a seat in the box.
The ADA models, are always elongated, 28" from front to back.
The bowls on the ADA are 16-1/2" high.

rhodesjrsr

Reaction score
Toto CST744SL - Fill Valve

In your "Terry Love's Consumer Toilet Reports" you talk about the UltraMax (MS854114S) being your favorite toilet. You list a link where you can get the fill valve for the UltraMax. Will that same fill valve fit the Toto Drake
CST744SL?

We are trying to decide between the one piece and the two piece. We want to make sure we can get parts in Wisconsin. Basically, my husband wants to make sure he can get parts (a fill valve) for the CST744SL.. and where. We are in Wisconsin...
Thanks!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Any Toto dealer wil carry the parts.
The parts in the Ultramax and the Drake are the same.
In the Seattle area, most of the local hardware stores carry the parts too. They will be on the shelf under the Korky brand, a major supplier of replacement parts for all toilets.

www.korky.com

rhodesjrsr

Reaction score
thank you

Terry,

Thanks for your help.. Your website is amazing. Hubby brought home a kohler cimarron... needless to say - it's going back!

Thanks again.
sr

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks