Diverter Valve Issues?

Users who are viewing this thread

SeattleSoxFan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
jandmcarpentry.com
I have two "odd" behaviors in a newly plumbed three-valve tub/shower (Price Pfister).

1. A fairly strong flow of water coming out of the tub while the shower is in use. (This made me initially suspect the diverter valve.)

2. When the water is turned off, it continues to drain out of the tub for almost a minute of a _slowly_ tapering to nothing flow. This happens with both hot and cold, and is accompanied by a lovely "gulp-gulp" sound. It does stop eventually, which makes me believe that the hot/cold valves are properly working.

Through reasons too long to explain here, I actually have another whole shower set (same model even), so I swapped out the diverter valve and found a suspect "bonnet washer" but the replaced unit had no such defect. However, the exact same behavior still occurs...

What next?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks