Gerber tee and gasket questions...

Users who are viewing this thread

2More2Go

Reaction score
This is my first post, I’ve already gotten lots of great advice here… thanks!
Hopefully these are two easy (and not too ignorant) questions:

1) I’m installing a Gerber brass lift & turn tub drain tee. In the box there is a rubber washer and a thin fiber gasket for the shoe. Of course, there are no instructions so I was wondering where the fiber gasket goes? Do I even need it?

2) I would like to replace the flat rubber washers on the tee slip joints with those newer red TPR tapered washers that are suppose to be “leak freeâ€. Has anyone used these red tapered washers and would you recommend installing them with silicone grease?

As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
1) I’m installing a Gerber brass lift & turn tub drain tee. In the box there is a rubber washer and a thin fiber gasket for the shoe. Of course, there are no instructions so I was wondering where the fiber gasket goes? Do I even need it?

The fiber washer is usually a friction washer and goes between the rubber gasket and the nut used to tighten the strainer/drain body against the bottom of the fixture

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
2) I would like to replace the flat rubber washers on the tee slip joints with those newer red TPR tapered washers that are suppose to be “leak freeâ€. Has anyone used these red tapered washers and would you recommend installing them with silicone grease?

As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Now need for any type of silicone. I would not put any type of grease on any of those joints.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks