Toto Drake Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Barn Bunny

Reaction score
I am looking at the Toto website, and there are FIFTEEN styles of Drake! It's easy to know what is unique about some of them (right-handed flushing lever, for example,) but what does it mean to be "insulated"? Does "ADA-compliant" refer to the height of the seat, or something else? (There are no dimensions on the site.) I can't even tell if it's a round or elongated bowl.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It may be a pain to get to, but each of the toilets listed on their website is linked to a spec sheet which shows dimmesions.

Insulated means that the tank walls are insulated. This can help (but not always inhibit) sweating of the tank when you've got cold water and a hot, humid environment.

ADA height is taller than 'stock' and meets the ADA requirements (think it is around 16.5" or so).

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Then there is also the lock down lid that keeps people from getting inside the tank which is good in commercial applications and the choice of a round or elongated bowl.

The most common one I install is ada height, elongated bowl with the left lever.

No insulated tank, no locking tank lid.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks