Toto Lloyd Toilet? MS934214EF

Users who are viewing this thread

Barn Bunny

Reaction score
Many people on this list love their Toto Drakes. Are Toto Lloyds just as good?

ms934-wood-seat.jpg

TOTO Lloyd with the softclose Maple seat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
This is the first time that model name has come up on this forum, so it may be a new one. Terry is almost certainly skiing today, so he isn't immediately available for providing any information. I can tell you this from my own experience with Toto, they are as good as they say they are. The Drake is probably the best seller, perhaps because of it's reasonable price. But, if this Lloyd model has the look you like and a price that you can live with, I would not hesitate to recommend it.

SamC

Reaction score
Terry would be able to tell us for sure, but to me the Lloyd, which comes with a maple soft-close seat and costs about $800, looks identical to the Soiree, which has the new double-cyclone flushing system, and costs about $600. If it were me, I would take the Soiree.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
The Lloyd has the G-max flush the same as the Drake but it is a 1pc toilet with the Drake your looking at 900 on the Map test and the Lloyd is not on the list but it would probably be around 650. The normal is around 250, so it is a good flush.
I sold around 24 last year and had no call backs.
You can get the toilet with a Plastic soft close seat if you don't want the Maple it's a MS934214SF-01.
I have the Soiree in my house and i like the flush of it better than the Lloyd.

RQhome

Reaction score
Does anyone have any current information (pros/cons) about the Lloyd?

This is the only thread on here that I could find about the Lloyd. We were leaning toward the Soiree, but I keep finding recent reviews of a "splash back" problem - especially for women. My parents have the Drake with the GMAX and they are great, but I want a one-peice and DH doesn't like the slightly wiggly tank on the Drake. He is afraid one of our "heavier" guests will lean back an break something. We both like the looks of the Lloyd, but information out there is limited. It appears to have the same flush capacity and method as the Drake, if I understand the description correctly. We wouldn't want the wood seat - the local salesman said you could get it without.

Any new information (good or bad) would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Lloyd really hasn't changed in this much time. It's a nice unit with some style.

I think I have sold something like 150 Soiree and Guinevere toilets, and had never heard of the splash back.
It's a similar bowl to the Ultramax II, and I've sold a bunch of those too. I notice that there are very few postive review written, except that I do get called over and over and over again to sell them more of the same. They don't write reviews, they just keep buying them.
They always say, a happy customer doesn't need to say anything. An unhappy customers tells everyone.
My customers are very happy. And............I do get a ton of referrals when you think about it. :)

RQhome

Reaction score
Thanks for the response Terry. Glad to hear the Lloyd is still good. I only saw 2 people talk about the splash on the Soiree - most negatives were about the "drip, drip, drip". Is the new unifit adapter the sound proofed one or do I need to ask for that specifically when I order the toilets?

Also, this is a new construction and we had the rough plumbing done according to the specs for the Soiree. Is there any difference or adjustments needed for the Lloyd? We need 4, so we are thinking about getting 2 Lloyd and 2 Soiree. We don't really understand why the Lloyd is more expensive, but we like the look.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks