Manufacturer Testimony

Users who are viewing this thread

Garydaplummer

Union plumber/pipefitter-self employed
Reaction score
Just wanted to take a moment to recognize what I feel is exceptional customer service. I have a customer in her mid-late 70s who had a problem with the diverter in her Moen three handle tub/shower faucet. Her husband put it in 5-7 years ago (did a nice job, too) and passed away 3 years ago. I took the diverter stem out but there was a piece of it broken off and jammed in the faucet body and it would not come out no matter what I tried. I priced a replacement, around $180. I called Moen to see what they had to say. Told the customer service rep the story and they sent a new, complete faucet, trim and all, for me to replace it with. I asked if they wanted the old one back and she told me scrap it! This is true service. I see many of the other professionals here telling consumers to avoid designer stuff and big box store specialty brands. Great advice. Try getting those manufacturers to stand behind their product. I recently replaced parts for a swedish-made designer faucet (won't mention their name) and the parts had to be ordered from a manufacturer's representative in Massachussetts who had to send them to a distributor in New York, who them shipped them to me in PA. That customer loved the faucet, even though the parts cost me $168.00! Go figure!:confused:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
They stand behind their product... Not behind you!
Without a doubt the best customer service in the industry!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks