Mixet, who makes this faucet?

Users who are viewing this thread

mrobin

Reaction score
i need to find the manufacturer of this faucet so i can replace parts. i have checked all parts and i cannot find the manufacturer or any numbers or anything that would lead me to find the info needed. this pic is of the handle only due to size limits.

Attachments

• IMG_0352.JPG
    IMG_0352.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 363

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Its a Mixet valve. Out of business but parts are available. You may want to consider a new valve.

mrobin

Reaction score
thanks for the info. is it made by mixet? i would love to update the faucets but some only need a handle/knob. i know there are universal adapters for knobs out there i may try to use for the time being.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I would use the knob specific for the Mixet valve. The "universal" knobs will not fare well in this application. On a side note if handles are breaking it is probably time to replace the insides as well. They have become hard to turn and that is why the knob probably broke. There are several slightly different stems for this valve. I would recommend Searching "Mixet" on google to get a parts explosion showing the different stems so you know which one to get.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The so called "universal" and/or "unifit" adapter handles are generally crappola. They use little set screws to adapt, and are notorious for always being loose and floppy. Most important, they ONLY work on basic 2/3 handle tubs and showers.....separate hot and cold faucets. There is NO generic replacement for your handles. You must get specific "made for Mixet" handles. You will find chrome, clear acrylic, and smoky acrylic. You might find some satin nickle. That's about it.

Mixet valve bodies have know defects with crossover, so if you have a water recirulation system, you should either replace the valve now, or gt the NO-MIX cartridge, about $100.

mrobin

Reaction score
man you guys are good. googled mixet and found it. thanks a bunch. i think i will just replace the whole systems as i estimate that these are around 15 years old. thanks again for the help .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks