Teflon tape deposits

Users who are viewing this thread

Rita

Reaction score
Teflon tape deposits are coming out of our faucets! What can we do? How much will it cost?

Alexdc99

Reaction score
Does it look like little white pieces of plastic. Could be your dip tube in the hot water tank breaking apart. Does it only come in when the hot water is used or cold?

Rita

Reaction score
Re: hot water dip tube question

If it is the dip tube breaking apart, what does that mean? Is the hot water heater shot? The house is 15 years old.

Rita

Reaction score
Re: teflon tape

I guess maybe I wasn't clear about the word 'deposit' either. The last strip that came out of our tub faucet was over 1" long. We do get particles in our kitchen faucet screen, too.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Very doubful that this is teflon tape. Teflon tape is used on the threads of pipe joints to prevent the joints from leaking. It is not inside the pipes. Also, from the description you give, I'd suspect the dip tube in the water heater. These are replaceable, but it may not be worth the cost if the tank is as old as the house. The the heater is only a few years old, then repairs would be in order.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks