Recommendations and help, please...

Users who are viewing this thread

crosby1

Reaction score
Hello all,

i'm just starting a bathroom remodel project. i'll be re-doing the existing shower stall (48" x 48") and would like to have a regular wall shower (we like our speakman showerhead) and in addition, i want to add an overhead rainshower.

1st, the installation. i'm getting confused with the terminology. please correct this if i'm wrong: hot and cold water are run to a thermostatic valve first and then to a diverter valve to get the water to either the wall shower or the overhead rainshower, correct?:confused:

2nd question: can anyone recommend a manufacturer or something that is packaged as a system, or am i going to need to piece a system together?:confused: i'm looking for an oil rubbed bronze finish, and from what i've seen so far, the choices are fairly limited.

help, please??

thanks so much in advance for any help....

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
It is not exactly sold as one "kit" . You do want to stay with same brand. Moen and Delta are two good brands. If you go with the "designer" brands that you will see at design showrooms, then future parts availability is in question.

Go to a good plummbing supplier. They will have catalogs, and the catalogs show what goes with what, and show you the style and finish choices. You can also see these the K/B desk at HD, but the problem is finding someone who knows anything. The manufacturer's catalogs are pretty good at showing you what trim goes with what valve, and even have diagrams for the mutihead/diverter valve setups. It is not rocekt science if you pay attention. I have seen people order stuff from the depot where A did not work with B.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks