So much for me buying a Drake or Ultramax

Users who are viewing this thread

ShinerBurke

Reaction score
Dealer here wants $500 for the Drake and $750 for the Ultramax. Both without seats.

Most showrooms will quote retail pricing to protect the plumbers that use them.
If they don't quote from the book, they won't be used by the home builders and plumbers that are their main source of business.

It's just a matter of working with someone that can offer a discount if that's what is needed.
This is true for all brands. Terry

http://terrylove.biz/toilets/10-toto-ultramax-ii.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You don't say where "here" is, but I would suggest you look for another Toto dealer. If you see what Terry sells those toilets for in Seattle, you will see there is a huge difference. I know Terry is making a profit with his prices, so it would seem logical that other dealers would have comparable prices. You can expect to pay more for a Toto than Big Box toilets, but unless you are putting price as the sole criteria, it will be worth the time and some effort to locate a more reasonable Toto outlet.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Are you talking one of the extra-cost colors? or in white?

ShinerBurke

Reaction score
You don't say where "here" is, but I would suggest you look for another Toto dealer. If you see what Terry sells those toilets for in Seattle, you will see there is a huge difference. I know Terry is making a profit with his prices, so it would seem logical that other dealers would have comparable prices. You can expect to pay more for a Toto than Big Box toilets, but unless you are putting price as the sole criteria, it will be worth the time and some effort to locate a more reasonable Toto outlet.

Here is Tulsa. We have 2 dealers here that carry Toto. I called one and they told me they wouldn't sell to the public. The second one is who has the outrageous prices.

I don't mind paying a premium for something that is better, but they aren't charging a premium, they are raping people.

ShinerBurke

Reaction score
Are you talking one of the extra-cost colors? or in white?

Cotton white

They want $65 for the seats.

cotboll.jpg

Cotton White

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
You can call Toto and find other authorized dealers in your area - someone should be willing to sell you one for a more reasonable price.

ShinerBurke

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with someone at a different plumbing house here that carries the Toto's.

His price was $319 + tax for the Drakes. When I told him what the other places were charging he said "yeah, they show a lot of them in their fancy showrooms and then people come to us to buy them."

Ordered 3. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks