Installing a wall hung toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

No Skills

Reaction score
What toilet do you recommend to replace a Case 3000 wall hung toilet? The Yorkville right height or the Glenwall.

I seen on some other posts about the toilet rated in grams.

Snowman said:
Talk about a coincidence. If you have been reading here lately, you know I just installed a Toto Dalton and everything is good.

To my surprise, I just found out that on the very same day, my sister-in-law in Tennessee had an American Standard Champion installed. This is going to be like a faceoff, well, maybe.

I know we are comparing two different "price range " toliets but I am just hopeing that she got the, the, well, let's say, the "corrected" model with no leaking problems. She was impressed with the 28 golf balls promo.......... I don't have the heart to tell her about the 500 grams vs. 650 grams results. Maybe it doesn't make that much difference??

This is going to be interesting to see how everything goes down. (sorry) too corny, too corny........ :rolleyes:

What does this mean?

Last edited by a moderator:

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
wal hung toilets

It all means you had better have a plumber do it...

I have never had anything but troubles when trying to replace
a wall hung toilet with another brand....

nothing ever lines up right and it usually becomes a total nightmare...

If you cant get an exact match, it will most likely mean trouble.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com

No other toilet installs like a Case 3000. Therefore the carrier in the wall has to be converted to a four bolt style, and the upper "hanger bracket" must be removed. This involves a fair amount of wall reconstruction and some expense depending on the brand and type of carrier that is in the wall already.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks