Sewage Pump Smell

Users who are viewing this thread

HoneyDO

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been working this issue on the pump section and it was suggested I post this on the plumbing side to see if there are any plumbers out there who can help.

I have a terrible odor from my basement sewage pump. I have bar sink almost directly over the pump that I have draining into the pump via the vent pipe. Is this incorrect? Would this cause the smell? What can I do to eliminate the problem?

Attached is a drawing that shows the sewage line with the check valve, and the vent piple with the sink draing coming into it from the back. I have caulked with scilicone the all of the fittings and seals, and I still have the smell. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I can't stand it any more.

Attachments

• Basement Sewage Pump v2.JPG
    Basement Sewage Pump v2.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 275

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
From your pix I see the discharge pipe (pvc) is primed so I assume is also glued. I can see the blue on the pipe. I see some blue on the vent but can't tell tell on the 90. I would check all joints and after taxing all options I would smoke the tank to find the bad joint. That would find it:D

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
If you try "smoking the tank" be careful about the source of smoke. You can get an accumulation of methane in there. Methane + spark/heat =seals can be replaced after the shrapnel is removed. You could maybe use the exercise to celebrate new years eve tomorrow. A column of flame from the roof vent would be cool.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks