Slow Noisy Drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Statjunk

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just installed the faucet and drain assembly for the wet bar at the back of the house. I believe that while the previous owner lived here that it was seldom used. I've had the place a year and the drain has never seen a drop of water.

When I first turned the water on the water wasn't draining at all. I put a plunger on it and the water went down but it was quite noisy. After a couple of plunges things started moving but gulpy if that makes sense. Gulp-gulp-gulp etc... After some more plunging it started to move decent to eh but then it became very slow again.

The house is a slab house and this drain come up from the floor. It is an S-trap and I'm nearly 100% sure it doesn't have proper venting.

What might be the culprit?

Thanks

Tom

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
I would send a snake down the full length of the pipe under ground. You will have some problems because you have an "S" trap. You could try some type of organic drain treatment it would slowly open your lines with out destroying your pipes

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks