ASAP! Disconecting waste drain

Users who are viewing this thread

pks71

Reaction score
I did a search but have limited patience. Im sure this has been asked a million times, just couldn't find it. Im in nova scotia tring to take out the originaltub (35yrs old). I have a cheap steel tub to replace it. My million dollar ques is how do you disconnect the waste water drain. Please don't tell me I have to get at it from the downstairs. please hurry im doin it right now, And I'm a NoOb!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You will need to remove the lower drain, they make tools for this, though if you are throwing the tub out, then sawing may help too. With the right tool, it will unthread.

And you will need to remove the upper "overflow" plate.

pp19010.gif

pks71

Reaction score
Terry said:
You will need to remove the lower drain, they make tools for this, though if you are throwing the tub out, then sawing may help too. With the right tool, it will unthread.

And you will need to remove the upper "overflow" plate.

pp19010.gif
Thats just what I need! thx!

pks71

Reaction score
So, u use the dumbell wrench to discon. it. Using it from the top? If this tub is being discarded, how would I just hack it off?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks