Pressure Balance Valve is Stuck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

nediver

Reaction score
I have a one knob shower control. I think its an older Delta, bout 25 years. Anyway, I wasnt getting any cold water so I replaced the cartridge. I think the problem is the pressure balance valve. It is stuck. I tried everything from a flat head to vise grips. Tried using break lubricant and everything. What do you all suggest?

-AD

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I didn't think they were using pressure balanced valves 25-years ago...think you may have some crud buildup in the cold supply side.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
spool

Delta doesn't give you a lot to grab with that spool. When I encounter one like you indicate your is, I use a hammer and a small chisel and tap it in the unloosening direction. Once you move it even a small amount, then the screwriver or Crescent wrench will finish the job of removing it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks