View Full Version : Kohler Shower valve, need help identifying a piece

12-18-2007, 05:11 PM
I have a Kohler shower valve that leaks like crazy. I finally had some time Sunday evening to look at it. Upon disassembling the shower valve, I see its an unusual design (I'm no professional, but I have never seen a design like this). I wish I would have taken pictures of the pieces, but it was late and I had to do something. I've created a paint drawing and attached it.

The lever turns a shaft which is threaded, which sends an actuator in and out. on this actuator are two slip fit cylindrical pieces that house the O-rings (one for hot, one for cold). The O-rings butt up against these two brass fittings. one of the brass fittings has worn away (possibly due to debris in the line?), and unable to form a seal against the oring.

These fittings are almost the diameter of 1/2" copper tubing on the oring mating side. The threaded size (which threads into the housing) is 11/16-27.

Does anybody know what these pieces are called so I can order replacements? If not, do you know what this style/design of shower valve is called? Kohler's site only has newer design shower valves and is no help.

Thanks in advance.


12-18-2007, 06:46 PM
Go tokohlers web site give model #.

12-18-2007, 07:33 PM
I have been on their site, thats the problem, it is an older unit, and I cant find the model on their site, nor the model number any where on the valve assembly.