The Plumber From Hell

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I thought I would move this thread title up to the plumbing section.

Things people still want to know about the existing job on Jon4's mobile home are:

1) Has the water leak been found?

2) Has the water temperature issue been solved?

3) Should a plumber supply his own parts, or should the homeowner supply them?

4) What worries are there if polybutene piping is found?

5) Where are pipes normally run on a trailer home?

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
OK, Terry, I don't know where you moved it from or what it was about, but here are some general answers to the questions:

1) Has the water leak been found?

Some of them.

2) Has the water temperature issue been solved?

No.

3) Should a plumber supply his own parts, or should the homeowner supply them?

If the plumber is flat rate, it doesn't matter.

4) What worries are there if polybutene piping is found?

pb_pipe_shutoff.jpg

PB pipe in a trailer usually means a repipe to be safe. Acetal fittings tend to crack whenever they like; aluminum, dog-ear crimp rings crack whenever they like; if the water has antibacterial chemicals in it, the pipe will disintegrate.

5) Where are pipes normally run on a trailer home?

In the most difficult place possible. To find leaks on a trailer house, start by laying in mud. That's a sign that you're close. Then cut out the fabric above you and have plenty of towels handy. Then remove the sopping-wet fiberglas insulation. Call home, tell the wife to meet you at the door with more towels. Bring in a small trenching shovel such as an Ames army shovel and dig a hole deep enough so that you can work a set of crimpers. Call the paramedics before the next step: wrap the pipe with heat tape and insulation and plug it in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks