tough packing nut; gerber model ?

Users who are viewing this thread

kayleigh

Reaction score
How can I find out what model of Gerber bathroom faucet I have?

My hot water handle started to drip so I turned the hot water off and removed the handle to try to remove the ceramic cartridge but the brass packing nut will not budge....at all. I stopped because it started to strip. Any suggestions??? thanks.....

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Was it dripping through the tub spout or around the hot water handle?

Construct30

Reaction score
Unfortunately in plumbing it can be hard some times to tell what brand you are dealing with let alone what model. Go to the Gerber website and compare with their product catalog.

A good quality adjustable wrench is your best bet. Many times a faucet won't come apart and replacement becomes the best or only option, in which case you can become more aggresive with the old one in an attempt to save it.

If you need to replace it, write the model number on the literature and save it. Some times you need to get the model number off the box because the literature is generic.

Good luck

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks