Sterling Cl-2900-a 32x32 problems

Users who are viewing this thread

NAclean99

Reaction score
first of all the contractor put the pan on bare subfloor and there is some small flex in pan floor is that ok?? second when doors are closed and shower on it leaks under the fixed glass part where it sits in track and 3rd when doors are closed where they meet to close the lip doesn't get all the water and some sprays out during showering, just spent alot of dough to have this bathwoom remodeled and this shower I picked has not been up to my expectations at all. any suggestions???? thanks:mad:

WestcoastPlumber

Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
Website
www.wcplumbing.biz
Sounds to me like the pan is not level and the shower doors are not level or plumb, the pan being off will cause the doors to be off.

Not much you can do to plumb the pan once the doors and tile are completed, if you have vinyl flooring, you may be able to peal the boarder away and shim the pan between the floor and the pan.

The pan flexing, depends on how much, if you have a caulk type drain, the drain will eventually loosen up and leak around the flange, I have seen this on pans that are correctly installed, the design on the 2" drain gasket is nice, but the large nut and gasket on the flange underneath will loosen up

I always shy away from the fiberglass shower pans, they are cheap and in my opinion aren't constructed well enough to last the test of time.

I always recommend hot mop and tile.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks