Valve identification

Users who are viewing this thread

951driver

Reaction score
Can someone tell me the manufacturer of this valve? It's for a Roman tub and I need a new cartridge for one side. Thanks.

Attachments

• Valve_edited.JPG
    Valve_edited.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 320

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
It is a no name brand.Lucky if you can find parts.I spent 4 weeks looking for parts
on roman tub still cant find it 10 yrs later.

951driver

Reaction score
Here are pictures of the spout and the handle trim. Thanks again for any help you can provide.

Attachments

• spout base.JPG
    spout base.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 311
  • Spout 2.jpg
    Spout 2.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 301
  • Handle.jpg
    Handle.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 296

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Nice job with the pictures. Thank you. Unfortunately, it looks like a million other roman tubs. Nothing on it jumps up and says....brand abc....

Our next best shot is a picture of the stem or inside the valve if you could take it apart and do that.

The number 9901 would be consistent with Moen, but I don't have my old moen parts catalog at home. I didn't find that number on their website.

Last edited:

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Why don't you just bring that stuff, along with the old cartridge, to a plumbing supply house and try to match it up.

951driver

Reaction score
Well, I live out in the country an hour or so from any sizeable plumbing supply house. I'll be travelling at Christmas and expect to take the valve with me. Still hoping someone can come up with the brand name at least though.

Construct30

Reaction score
I put a whirlpool tub in years ago that had a faucet that looked the same. That set up came from Universal Rundle, but they almost always put a small UR on the base of the spout. I believe a few of their parts were made by moen maybe not the older ones.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Since you have it apart, could you pop off the handle, take the stem out, and post a pic of that?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks