View Full Version : Replace tub/shower valve with 11 1/4 inch spread

03-21-2005, 07:30 PM
Is it possible to find a replacement for my 1927 tub/shower valve(s)? The tub valve is two handle with 11 1/4 inch spread. There is a third handle which used to be a drain control. That is now disconnected. There is also a seperate two handle valve for the shower, also about 11 1/4 inch spread handles. I can only find 8 inch spread valves. I really don't want to drill four new holes in my tile, and have to cover the old ones. I am having the tub/shower tile reglazed, so that it a possibility, but it would be much easier for my plumber if I could find valves which fit in the existing holes.

03-22-2005, 07:32 AM
Have the plumber check with a specialty supply store. California Brass for example has 11" center valves although I do not know if they make a 2 handle version. Most are three handle, but that might work for you to close the third hole. 11" is also wide enough that he could obtain the more common individual shower valves and put them together with brass nipples and a tee.

03-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the info, I think I will try to find the individual valves, and have him put them together. That sounds simpler and cheaper than trying to find a valve body to fit the holes. I can have the middle hole covered by the reglazing folks. :)

03-25-2005, 06:42 PM
The 11" tub faucets are very common in my area although finding a replacement isn't so easy. I use to always use the seperate price pfister valves but they have become hard to find or take a while for delivery when my supplier does find them. If you have trouble finding, ordering the individual valves, or just want an inexpensive alternative here is what you can do with a Delta 2660. This one has been on the shelf for a long time, as I always use a single 1/2" repair coupling on each side now for a much nicer appearance. The brass body of the Delta faucet is 5/8" O.D. so you can use two repair couplings or four standard couplings and a section of 1/2" copper to make them 11". Some of the 11" faucets I replace have the tub spout between the valve handles. In that case I give the center section of the valve body a 1/4 turn for the tub spout to stub out directly between the handles.


If you don't mind the looks of the Delta 2660 this is an inexpensive alternative.