Weird problem. Help please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Jkcmartin

Reaction score
Hi there,

We bought a house and after we moved in noticed a strange plumbing issue. When we take a shower (or use any faucet in the house), it's really hard to get a comfortable warm temp, as you really need to work the faucet a tiny bit at a time to get there.

The really big problem is the water pressure is strong ONLY when on fully hot or fully cold. When it's warm, it's 2/3 of the hot or cold water pressure.

In the kitchen, you can put both the cold and warm water on all the way and it just stays ice cold. I need to turn the hot on all the way and then inch the cold bit by bit to get it comfortable.

At first I thought this may be an issue with the faucet, but all the faucets are the same way. Any idea what the cause could be and is there a way to rectify it?

Thanks!

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
What type of water heater do you have? It could make a difference. You should go to a box store like the Home Cheap O and get your self a pressure tester. The one you want screws onto your out side faucet. Knowing the house pressure makes a difference.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks