Toto Toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

BMB

Reaction score
We installed three Toto toilets this summer - Carlyle 1 pc, Aquia 2 pc, Drake 2 pc. All have excellent flushing volume - no clogs. However, none of them have much "swirling action", so the "bowl washing" action is minimal, leaving stains in the bowl. Even the Carlyle with "Sani-Gloss" does not wash well.
This is my only complaint, so far. My wife really appreciates the skirted design of the Carlyle & the Aquia and we like the "soft-close" lids on all three models. The Aquia dual flush is a curiosity with guests. The low water level in the Aquia is unusal, but has the same staining issues as the others with normal water levels. The "Unifit Rough In Adapter" on the Carlyle 1-piece model was a lifesaver, as the toilet drain was installed at 11" instead of 12". We were able to order the 10" Unifit adapter and complete the installation.
I researched various manufacturers flushing volume, but the report didn't address washing action. Does anyone make a toilet with that doesn't clog and washes the bowl?

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Yes. Toto makes the Soiree and Guinevere models, both of which feature the "double cyclone" flushing action. I installed a Soiree in my house in recent months and like it a lot. Good-sized water spot and great bowl wash.

I considered the Aquia, mostly for the looks and the novelty (not to mention water saving) but was turned off by the small water spot, need for precision aiming, and potential for less-than-optimal bowl wash.

Sofa King

Reaction score
My dear sweet Guinevere loves to wash the bowl, she has excellent bowl wash, you should have researched more before you plunked down your cash.
I think the soiree looks ugly

JMHO
Sofa King stylish

ms974_01.jpg

Toto Guinevere

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks