Toto models with siphon jet hole?

Users who are viewing this thread

jsymon

Reaction score
What Toto models have the traditional siphon jet hole in the front of the bowl throat and which do not? I haven't seen this specified in the brief descriptions of the models. I'm leaning toward the Drake elongated ADA or the Eco version of that model.

I have encountered two types of Toto toilets, both just labeled Toto 1.6 gpf. One had a siphon jet hole and one did not. Is there some way to know what model I am looking at? From my anecdotal experience I have a preference for toilets with the siphon jet hole although I must admit that the Toto without the hole works well with just the strong, localized flow from under the front of the rim which seems to be a trademark of the Toto design.

Thanks,

Jim

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
The Soiree (and thus probably the Guinevere) has one, plus it has GREAT bowl wash - I put one in my house about a month ago and would highly recommend it due to the "double cyclone" bowl wash.

jsymon

Reaction score
I wondered whether Toto was stretching the definition of siphon jet to include that jet they have coming from under the front rim regardless of whether they have the traditional hole, but since they do have some toilets that do not include siphon jet in the extended description I'll assume siphon jet means it has the hole.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
jsymon,
If you were to look at a Toto, you wouldn't have to ask the question.
Anything G-Max, E-Max, PowerGravity, and Double Cyclone have the siphon jet flush.
That's almost their entire lineup. I count about 27 that use siphon jet.
A siphon jet, is placed at the bottom of the bowl, and starts the siphon that enhances the flush.
You can flush with water down from the rim, that's called a washdown bowl.
A siphon flush, is enhanced by the opening in the low part of the bowl, that pulls the water from the bowl. It's like the surface of the water collapses.
A couple of the models that use the siphon jet,
Drake G-Max, 900 grams
Ultramax G-Max, 700 grams

There are only three models that use the washdown flush, and they work well too.
Promenade
Carusoe
Aquia, 800 grams

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks