Rough-in: Will 11-3/4" cut it?

Users who are viewing this thread

sjread

Reaction score
Just had a bathroom tiled and the distance from the finished wall to the center of the flange is 11-3/4". Can I squeeze a standard 12" model in there? After all the rave reviews, I'm shooting for the Toto Ultramax if that makes any difference. Thanks for any info.
Scott

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
11-1/4" will work for the Ultramax

11-1/4" will work for the Ultramax.

When the Ultramax toilet, and many toilets for that matter, you would have 3/4" of space behind the tank with a standard 12" rough-in.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I checked a number of rough sheets, and didn't find any which would not fit in 11½" or greater.

sjread

Reaction score
Thank you both for your replies. Very good news! And thank you, Terry, for an outstanding website.
Scott

Koa

In the Trades
Reaction score
Of course you were right. Just got back from the dealer and it is 10 1/2" from the center of hole to the back of the toilet base. Didn't mean to doubt you. Bought the Ultramax. BTW thanks for the fast replies.

chipshot

Reaction score
Any suggestions for toilets that will fit a 10.5" rough in? In remodeling the bath I furred out the entire side of the room for tiling around the tub. I almost soiled myself when I realized I altered that dimension. I've got exactly 10.5" rough in and am lookng for the best solution whether it be in a toilet, offset flange or some other mod. I suppose the toilet choice would work best but it seems the options are limited.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks