PDA

View Full Version : Shower Base options ???

frappe10
03-15-2005, 07:00 AM
we have just built a house and are finding no options for a shower base, we wanted to go tile base but was recommended against due to possible leakage, so we were told we need to by a synthetic marble base... our shower is 4' wide x 5' deep is this the only solution, if so is there anything that needs to be done under the base? is it still possiblt to put a seat in the shower area. If so does it go up to the base or should it be built in the base. please give recommendations we are :eek: as the base is approx $3000 plus tax and install.... also another reason why they recommended against tile is we built a log home there is constant movement from the logs

Terry
03-15-2005, 09:31 AM
Any base that is 4 feet by 5 feet is going to be a tough install.

You might ask over at the JohnBridge tile forum (http://www.johnbridge.com), they have a lot of answers about tile there.

I will say that the poured marble pans work well though, and can be in any size.

jadnashua
03-15-2005, 06:52 PM
If you have the room, how about a freestanding shower assembly (tiled)? there are some around. spend a little time and look at www.wedi.de . Note, I don't work for them, nor am I a pro, but they have some really neat products.