best 14" rough-in toilet for tight space - ?

Users who are viewing this thread

hklaine

Reaction score
greetings all.

long-time lurker, first time poster.

i am looking to replace a toilet in the bathroom i am remodeling. it is an old house with 14" rough-in.

my question. what is the shallowest (shortest distance from the wall to front of bowl) toilet with a 14" rough-in.?

it seems like a lot of them just use the regular 12" bowl with a thicker tank. I would prefer something designed for 14", meaning that th outlet at the bottom of the bowl is farther forward as i would guess this would make for a smaller set-up since the room is small.

ideas? the house is old, so the "modern" style bowls are not preferred.

any help would be much appreciated! thanks in advance!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
14"

In the "old days" a 14" toilet used a special bowl and a universal tank. But since it costs more to make a bowl than a tank they decided to use the universal bowl and make a deeper tank. You would have to check all the manufacturers to see if any have a dedicated 14" bowl.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The Totos that use the Unifit adapter use exactly the same toilet for 10, 12, or 14" rough-ins. The only thing that changes is the adapter, so if any of those fit your needs, they may be a choice.

ms874_log_cabin.jpg

Toto Guinevere

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks