PDA

View Full Version : Rim to water level dimensions

premierestateservices
10-17-2007, 07:41 AM
I have an elderly male client who is looking to replace his toilet. It seems his “parts” hang into the water. Not all that uncommon I’ve been told. His existing rim to water level height is 5”.
I’ve talked to CS at Toto and Kohler, and they have no data on those measurements.
ADA toilets seem to add the additional height in the skirt, not the bowl.
Also, my client is only 5’-2” so 17” height toilets are out of the questions.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Dunbar Plumbing
10-17-2007, 09:21 AM
I'd recommend a seat extender as this is the best solution to the problem, short of wearing a jock strap.

They make toilets with a significantly smaller water surface in the bowl but then you compromise the utility and function of its use, having problems with bowl wash and flushing capability.

Not all of those seats come at a 4" raise; some are 2 to 3". Just have to check out the numerous products offered, a great deal cheaper than buying a new toilet to fix the problem.

Rancher
10-17-2007, 09:41 AM
Reminds me of an old joke...

Boy is that water cold... other guyAND DEEP

I thought the toto toilets had a lot less water in the bowl?

Rancher

SteveW
10-17-2007, 09:44 AM
I just installed a Toto Soiree in my home - has a nice-sized water spot, but plenty of room between the seat and the water spot (I know what your client is talking about...)

The Soiree is "comfort height" so may be too high, but maybe not...

Peanut9199
10-17-2007, 10:18 AM
I just installed a Toto Soiree in my home - has a nice-sized water spot, but plenty of room between the seat and the water spot (I know what your client is talking about...)

The Soiree is "comfort height" so may be too high, but maybe not...

Ya not that your bragging or anything.

SteveW
10-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Ya not that your bragging or anything.

I wish!

Wrong part...

premierestateservices
10-17-2007, 04:45 PM
I'd recommend a seat extender as this is the best solution to the problem, short of wearing a jock strap.

They make toilets with a significantly smaller water surface in the bowl but then you compromise the utility and function of its use, having problems with bowl wash and flushing capability.

Not all of those seats come at a 4" raise; some are 2 to 3". Just have to check out the numerous products offered, a great deal cheaper than buying a new toilet to fix the problem.

That was my first thought also, so I installed one 3" high. It cut the circulation off from his foot and made it turn black.
getting old isn't for sissies

premierestateservices
10-17-2007, 04:48 PM
Thanks,
I'll look at those right now.

Gary Swart
10-17-2007, 05:32 PM
It is 6" from the water spot to the top of the porcelain rim in my Toto Dartmouth. This model only comes in ADA height. Perhaps Terry can respond with details about other toilets.

Terry
10-17-2007, 06:41 PM
The Ultramax and Drake look to be about 6", water surface to bowl, then add a seat, and that raises it a bit more.

Dunbar Plumbing
10-17-2007, 06:52 PM
That was my first thought also, so I installed one 3" high. It cut the circulation off from his foot and made it turn black.
getting old isn't for sissies

Does he stay on this toilet for hours at a time or is he a diabetic?

tonykarns
10-18-2007, 12:23 AM
If a raised toilet seat keeps his feet off the floor turing it black,put a foot stool under his feet.

Cookie
10-18-2007, 05:06 AM
This is one time I am sure glad I am a woman. ;)

FloridaOrange
10-18-2007, 05:18 AM
This is one time I am sure glad I am a woman. ;)

Yeah but that's the price of being able to right our names in the snow! :D
Or sand....I haven't seen snow in a looooong time. :cool:

Cookie
10-18-2007, 05:24 AM
I am getting an education here, lol.

I always do snow angels, :D Will probably be doing them all too soon.

premierestateservices
10-18-2007, 06:26 AM
Thanks,
I think I'll try the Drake.

Terry
10-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Wait,
Just installed a Toto Dalton CST734F today

7" from water surface to bowl rim. The winner so far.