"Tall" Toilet availability

Users who are viewing this thread

dvwash145

Reaction score
I am updating the bathrooms in my house. In completing one bathroom through a contractor, I asked for a tall toilet. New to homeownership, I did not realize the size difference between an elongated vs a round. The elongated took up too much space next to the shower stall. I am satisifed with the height (17").
I am doing another bathroom but want a round "tall" toilet (>15", prefer 17").
Is there one on the market or am I "stuck" with a "normal" sized round toilet?
I've searched the internet and only see elongated versions.
I do not want to put another elongated toilet as I don't want to keep hitting my shins as I step out of the shower.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Regular bowl with comfort height

I sell a lot of the Toto Dalton CST733F round front in comfort height.​
Front to back is 26.125" with a bowl height of 16.125"​
Some ADA toilets have length of 28" and 16.5" high bowls.​
Toto CST744SL being one.​
The American Standard ADA is 30-3/8" long.​

dvwash145

Reaction score
Thank you for the info.
I'll look into this model. I'm on the East Coast and not familiar with this brand.

Ralleia

Reaction score
Check out the Geberit Tessera

The tank and carrier are embedded in the wall, which means that the bowl only sticks out 22". The rim height is adjustable from 15" to 19" during installation.

-Kris

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
dvwash145 said:
Thank you for the info.
I'll look into this model. I'm on the East Coast and not familiar with this brand.

Make sure you check out Terry's reviews, and customer comments, on the Toto line by clicking on the link in Terry's post above. I'm convinced that Toto will be the brand I use next time I replace a toilet.

Craftycas

Reaction score
East Coast Availability

I too had never heard of Toto until I found this forum. We live on the east coast (60 miles north of NYC) and I was able to find several dealers that could order Toto. Go to this link at the Toto web site and use the dealer locator to find one near you. Call around. I found that prices varried considerably. We LOVE our new Toto Ultramax. Still amazes me every time it flushes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks