correct faucet hose

Users who are viewing this thread

Scott99

Reaction score
I just installed a new faucet and the hose thread on it is 1/2inch with a flat end, I think this is requires a compression end hose. the only hoses I have been able to find both have FIP ends.

Can I use this hose or do I need to find a 1/2FIP x 1/2Comp?

thanks
Scott

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
hose

Hoses come with different ends, but I have never seen one with 1/2" compression threads, because the stop valves do not come with that outlet thread. They are usually 3/8" compression, 7/16" compression, or 1/2" ips.

Scott99

Reaction score
thanks for the reply. I guess I better make sure that I have my terminology correct.

my 1/2in hose ends have a cone shaped rubber washer at both ends. the hose fits fine in the stop valve since it's opening is shaped to accept this type washer. my faucet connection is 1/2in, but the end is flat like a metal washer causing the cone washer to touch the faucet connection before the hose is threaded on much. in fact the faucet came with a flat washer for this fitting.

I think that faucet connection is compression, correct?

if I can't find a hose with a 1/2comp should I use what I got or do they make some type of adapter?

thanks
Scott

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
SS Flex faucets supply lines are readily available in the 1/2" compression threads, as well as 3/8 C, 7/16 C, and the 1/2" ips(also fits 7/17 or 1/2 OD slip joint)/

Angle stop valves also come with all the above types of outlets.

It would be unusual for the FAUCET to have 1/2" C threads.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks