Probably an Old Question from a New member

Users who are viewing this thread

bluejayye

Reaction score
We have an 18 yr old toilet..recently not fully flushing..I checked all the classic remedies (cleaned the under rim ports, checked the siphon jet, tried pouring in water and it does flush to rule out a clog. The water empties all the way from the tank and fills all the way back up..but water will swirl in the bowl but not fully empty when I flush...Any suggestions or tips ?

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I would buy and fit a new toilet. It is normally so easy and rewarding.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If there is a mainline backup, then the bowl will not flush properly.
Or if something is in the trapway, it will slow the siphon action of the bowl.
Sometimes a closet auger will clear the bowl, sometimes the bowl needs to be lifted and looked at from the lower end.

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
I once had a toilet that did that. the problem was the tube that comes off the fill valve fell off the over flow. This caused the bowl to not have enough water for a proper flush.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks