Pop-up Assembly Does Not Fit

Users who are viewing this thread

Lee Roy

Reaction score
I just installed a new Bates sink in a marble vanity top. The flange for the pop-up assembly is flush with the sink drain except in the very front where there is a 1/16th to 1/8th inch gap. The manufacturer for the faucet (Brasstech) recommends only silicone sealer for flange. Can I or should I seat the flange with sealer, or get a replacement sink? Is there another solution?

Secondly there is a gap of 1/4 to 1/2 inch between sink overflow and pop-up. Is there something I should be using to fill that gap so water does not bypass?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Lee

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with a Bates, but I always use plumber's putty for pop-up flanges. I apply a bead of it just under the flange on top of the sink and another bead above the rubber seal on the bottom to fill in any abnormalities under the sink.

Last edited:

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
I just checked out the Bates pages a little and it looks like most of the sinks don't have an over flow. I would change the pop-up to one with no over flow port.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks