Fuse amperage

Users who are viewing this thread

Bluebarron

Reaction score
Hello,

My subject is in regards to moving water pictures. You might of seen them at you local mall.

My problem is the fuse blew on mine... and the amperage is not written on the fuse anywhere. How might I go about finding this? I tried a 1amp fuse and it simply turned the picture on for a split second then it blew as well. So.... up or down? lol if that's how I have to figure it out.

And any other 'dummy' information in regards to the subject you can give me would be wonderful. I am not an electrician :).

Thanks guys.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The fuse size should be marked on the label, on the circuit board, or on the holder. All fuses are (or at least should be) marked, but it is sometimes hard to read. What type of fuse is this? A tubular glass one? If so, look carefully for a stamped value on one end.

The label may also indicate the size.

The last thing you want to do is install a fuse bigger than the thing needs, otherwise you are liable to burn something up if it hasn't already happened.

Note, it could be that it really needs some other repair, and a fuse won't help.

Fuses can fail for reasons other than an overload, but that's usually the case.

R

Rancher

Bluebarron said:
I tried a 1amp fuse and it simply turned the picture on for a split second then it blew as well. So.... up or down?
Well if 1 Amp blew there's only one direction you have left to go, UP. However the fuse blew for a reason, so even one the size of the circuit breaker that the picture is on may also blow. Does this gadget have a nameplate on it giving watts or something like that?

Rancher

Bluebarron

Reaction score
I just remembered I had another one of these pictures lying around in the garage. I grabbed the fuse again... It says 'F3AL250V'. I am guessing that means 3 amp and I was just too noobish to notice before. What do the F and L mean? Thanks... going to go try this newly cannibalized part on my newer picture.

Bluebarron

Reaction score
Well.. It worked for about 5 seconds this time. Then it blew again. Thus I msut conclude it is due to something else. What? I don't have a clue. These pictures are pieces of junk :p. I might end up trying to redo the entire electrical system myself.

snafflekid

Electrical Engineer
Reaction score
It's a 3 amp fuse and is very common. Those pictures have a motor inside, it may be stuck or shorted. I'd give it the 3 ft. drop test, either which it will work again or will be irrepairably shattered. Sounds like a win-win situation to me!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks