PDA

View Full Version : Reducing noise in TOTO Aquia trap

pankaek
09-20-2007, 08:12 AM
Had a TOTO Aquia installed since the weekend and am overall very happy with it, except I'd like to reduce the noise of fluids going down the trap.
I was thinking of shoving in some kind of noise insulation material in and around the trap area, and maybe a heavy wooden cover behind the bowl.

Any suggestions on what materials to use?

Peanut9199
09-21-2007, 01:33 PM
You can use some fibre glass insulation but i wouldn't use spray foam in case you want to service it in the future.
I seen a home show and they used a "Jean" insulation which was fire and mold resistent. Which i that was pretty cool.

Terry
09-21-2007, 03:02 PM
If you have a clock anywhere, you will remember that when you first got it, you would hear the tick, tick, tick.

After awhile, you don't hear it.
It's still ticking, you've just "tuned it out" as a natural sound in your environment.
I have an Aquia, and I don't hear it anymore.
I did when it was first installed.

Mike50
09-21-2007, 04:53 PM
If you have a clock anywhere, you will remember that when you first got it, you would hear the tick, tick, tick.

After awhile, you don't hear it.
It's still ticking, you've just "tuned it out" as a natural sound in your environment.
I have an Aquia, and I don't hear it anymore.
I did when it was first installed.

Same here Terry.

I've always said that people need to utilize new technology in the spirit of the Original Goal and Purpose.
If not then you probably aren't a good candidate to try it out.
In this case-Saving Water/changing bathroom habits.

The "noise" is a brief trickle sound and lasts literally seconds and in many cases not very audible at all.
My guess is it's a Non-Issue with the overwhelming majority of users.

In fact I'd really love to see a poll of Aquia customers....

Mike

tjbaudio
09-26-2007, 06:39 PM
Same here Terry.

I've always said that people need to utilize new technology in the spirit of the Original Goal and Purpose.
If not then you probably aren't a good candidate to try it out.
In this case-Saving Water/changing bathroom habits.

The "noise" is a brief trickle sound and lasts literally seconds and in many cases not very audible at all.
My guess is it's a Non-Issue with the overwhelming majority of users.

In fact I'd really love to see a poll of Aquia customers....

Mike

I would love to be an Aqua customer, unfortunatly I cant find one right now :(

Mike50
09-26-2007, 08:23 PM
I would love to be an Aquia customer, unfortunatly I cant find one right now :(

Call the VP of sales at Toto (US) and butter him up. :D
I spoke to him at length last year--very nice guy-very chatty. Who knows??

Mike

Terry
09-27-2007, 09:46 AM
The Aquia is back ordered right now.
It's a matter of getting on the list.

Peanut9199
09-28-2007, 12:53 PM
I now have 182 on backorder for customers, i was supposed to get 120 on Monday now they are only shipping me 72, when we are getting more is up in the air.
I tell customers to get on the waiting list because as of now if your not you will never receive one.