Toto Carlyle - trickle sound after flush

Users who are viewing this thread

remodelingit

Reaction score
Just installed a Toto Carlyle with a 10" unifit. After each flush, a sound of trickling water can be heard for about 5 seconds. It sounds like a very small amount of water from the p-trap is draining. Is this normal? It's not a performance issue, just a minor nuisance.

Thanks for the help.

JP Bowie

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It's normal...don't worry. It's just the water equilizing. A toilet bowl is like a cup that is overfilled...it takes it a moment after running the water in for the excess to drain out. All toilets do this, just some it's easier to hear. It will happen when stuff is added during use, too.

remodelingit

Reaction score
Thanks. I guess a contributing factor is that it is draining into PVC into the crawl space. The entire bathroom including plumbing was justed remodeled- cast iron was replaced with PVC.

PEW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Don't beat your self up, it also happens with cast iron. But, every once and a while, I have seen (not heard) ones that don't.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks