Help picking a WC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Got_Nailed

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I’m working with a home owner with a remodel and they want an old (pre water efficient WC). I have told him that I can’t install one but that’s all he wants but will settle with a new 2 peace. He told me that anything I suggest he will goggle.

He doesn’t like anything that I normally install so what’s out there that will not clog and has a supper rating?

I told him to look at the Toto CST744S Drake but he hasn’t made up his mind yet.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm sure you know that most of the advice on new toilets on this forum will be for the Toto line. It seems to me what you have to do with this customer is to continue to educate him that the old style toilets are no longer legal to sell any where in the USA, that major improvements have been made in the better brands since the low flow toilets first came out, and that constant plunging is not required on the quality units. You also have to convince him that the junk sold in the Big Box stores does not meet the quality standards people want and that saving a few dollars on the purchase price will be more than offset by the grief that will follow with the cheap unit. There is a reason they are cheap. If he insists on a builder model from the Big Box, tell him that he will have to buy it himself, you will charge him for the installation, but that there will be no free adjustment, replacement, etc. when the toilet clogs or fails to perform as expected. As a professional, you can not warranty what you know to be an inferior product.

Got_Nailed

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
He knows that I will only install a legal WC. I just need another one or two for him to research before he makes up his mind.

I don’t care what I install as long as the quality is better than what I normally install and it is what he wants. He wants the best and only the best and dose not care about the cost.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
soiree_angle.jpg

Have him look at the TOTO Soiree toilet
Good flush and good looks.

soiree_cyclone.jpg

It has the "double cyclone" rinse in addtition to the siphon jet flush that Toto is famous for.
Most of the models come with CEFIONTECT in the bowl.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks