09-06-2007, 04:28 PM
When I plug in (to an outlet or surge protector) the adapters to my various electronic devices (modems, guitar amps, etc.), both the adapters and the devices are getting hot. This has never happened before. Could this mean that there is faulty electrical wiring at my new apartment? Also, is it safe to keep my devices plugged in? If it is not, is there any kind of device I could buy that would reduce the level of the power coming from my outlets? Thank you for your assistance.