Plumber took off Toilet Flange

Users who are viewing this thread

toddamyreid

Reaction score
Help!

We had a plumber come to look at our toilet through our home warranty. He said the flange wasn't installed properly when the home was built 3 years ago. So, he proceeded to pull out his blow torch and totally warp the steel pipe coming out of the floor to get the flange off of it, I assume. When I look at the pipe and flooring around it, I don't see where the flange was screwed to the floor. How would we go about installing a new flange? I understand how to install the wax ring after the flange is installed, but don't know how to install the flange itself. I'm also worried that the plumber tweaked the pipe so much that the toilet will leak.

Thanks for your help!

BAPlumber

Plumber
Reaction score
if you can, post some pictures. Why was the plumber called out in the first place? I would assume that the home was inspected during construction.

why worry about how to install a new flange? the home warranty company's plumber took the flange off and should put a new one back, and re-set the toilet. talk to the home warranty company and have them deal with it. If you attempt to fix the flange, the warranty company is out of it, and your on your own.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks