replacing irritrol transformer

Users who are viewing this thread

craniac

Reaction score
My sprinklers didn't come on this Spring, so after replacing a few things I finally put a multimeter on the transformer and it is dead.

Is it hard to swap in a new transformer? My irritrol transformer unplugs from the wall, so no danger of frying myself. Do I have to buy the replacement from irritrol or can I score something from Radio Shack? Thanks for any advice. My crumbling brown lawn thanks you as well.

R

Rancher

Radio Shack may have one, or you can score one cheap on E bay. The things to match is the Voltage, AC/DC it's probably AC, and the VOLT-AMPS or VA or Watts. Also there are many on-line electronic supply store, such as Jameco, or Digikey, All Electronics come to mind.

Rancher

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
Most sprinkler systems can run from a 24VAC wall wart rated at 20 VA. That's enough power for two solenoids. (one zone valve and one master valve)

craniac

Reaction score
Ah, I realized I was using the wrong setting on my multimeter. The Transformer is fine, but no power is going to the stations from the posts when I turn them on. So I will probably just replace the entire box.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks