PDA

View Full Version : replacing irritrol transformer

craniac
08-23-2007, 08:20 AM
My sprinklers didn't come on this Spring, so after replacing a few things I finally put a multimeter on the transformer and it is dead.

Is it hard to swap in a new transformer? My irritrol transformer unplugs from the wall, so no danger of frying myself. Do I have to buy the replacement from irritrol or can I score something from Radio Shack? Thanks for any advice. My crumbling brown lawn thanks you as well.

Rancher
08-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Radio Shack may have one, or you can score one cheap on E bay. The things to match is the Voltage, AC/DC it's probably AC, and the VOLT-AMPS or VA or Watts. Also there are many on-line electronic supply store, such as Jameco, or Digikey, All Electronics come to mind.

Rancher

Wet_Boots
08-23-2007, 03:21 PM
Most sprinkler systems can run from a 24VAC wall wart rated at 20 VA. That's enough power for two solenoids. (one zone valve and one master valve)

craniac
08-30-2007, 08:34 AM
Ah, I realized I was using the wrong setting on my multimeter. The Transformer is fine, but no power is going to the stations from the posts when I turn them on. So I will probably just replace the entire box.