Plumbing with flex clear hose vs copper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Bjferri

DoD Army
Reaction score
I was at a friends last night helping w/ some plumbing and the contractor who plumbed his new bathroom used a flexible hose instead of copper to run in walls from the basement to the upstairs. I guess it's similar to the yellow flex hose used in gas now, except this is for water. I saw in the basement how the flex was tapped into copper but couldn't figure out how or what was used. Is this good practice and material or is copper still better?

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Clear clear, or sort of milky transluscent clear? If sort of transluscent, it's just PEX; getting to be the new standard material. Do a search here & you'll find a lot of info on it.

I can't tell you much about it, I've only seen it 3-4 times & never worked with it yet. Others here have, just wait a bit & they'll drop by with more...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks