Geberit Tessera wall hung toilet problems

Users who are viewing this thread

puzzledinAZ

Reaction score
How does one get technical assistance from this company? I know they're now part of Chicago Faucets, but our plumber can't seem to connect with the right department on problems we're having with a new install.
The toilet worked when originally installed, but the height was uncomfortably high so we had the toilet lowered and now it doesn't work at all. There's no blockage, the plumber used a camera today to check the waste pipes. With 5 gallon bucket of water poured into the bowl, water will go over the trap, but the toilet does not flush properly.
If we have to give up and buy a new wall hung toilet, which brand would be best?
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• backofgeberit.jpg
    backofgeberit.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 2,578
  • flushpanel.jpg
    flushpanel.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 1,078

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
i get good service when i call, and it wasn't difficult listening to the few options in the phone answer greeting. Chuck C is the head guy and all the other guys are real good. Years of good answers. They know lightyears more than the Master Plumber i hired.

Call them yourself. Why rely on someone else whose strength may not be in using the phone?

david

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

A toilet is not rocket science, unless it is in the space shuttle. If it did work, and doesn't now after lowering it, then you have to tell us, or show us, how it was lowered. And what is different between then and now.

puzzledinAZ

Reaction score
After reading David's response, I contacted technical assistance via email and have been corresponding with them. When the toilet was lowered, the original waste elbow was replaced with pvc piping to accomodate the new height (I did post a picture, but don't have a before shot). This is the apparent cause of the no flush situation. The tech says the toilet will only work with the original "syphonic" discharge tube and that tube cannot be cut or altered and must go straight down (even though the tube has this little bend in it). If that's true, then we're stuck with a toilet at a height that's uncomfortable for me, an average height woman (the height of the rim will be 18.5 inches and with the seat will be about 19.5 inches) and we'll have to deconstruct the wall that was just redone to move the toilet down. I'll post a follow up to let you know how it gets resolved if anyone is interested.

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
at floor level, the Tessera's special patented twist in its pipe goes straight, and that is where one should cut, in order to shorten the height. AFAIK, but I have never done it, only seen it in the PDF's. Most installations are not too high, so i am 100% positively sure that it can be done, you can have a Tessera installed at the height you want.

An alternative to consider now is to reinstall it high with a platform under the toilet floor, like duckboard.

david

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks