PDA

View Full Version : How to make light switch/outlet connection.

bjferri
08-18-2007, 01:56 PM
Can someone please assist me?

This is what I have so farI have the source (20 amp) coming into the switch box. I have the light fixture box wire coming into the switch box. I have the outlet box wire coming into the switch box.

My light switch is just a single pole.

Please tell me if Im correct with these connections.

From the source in the switch box, all this takes place: I have to pigtail the black wire to the light switch and to the black outlet wire. From the source I have to pig tail the white wire to the light fixture wire and to the outlet wire. From the source I have to pigtail the ground to the light switch, the light fixture wire, and the outlet. Lastly I have to connect the black light wire to the light switch.

Thank you!

cwhyu2
08-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Can you show pics.

frenchie
08-18-2007, 02:28 PM
Yup, that's right.

A little less confusingly:

All the grounds together

All the whites together

Source black to receptacle black & pigtail

Pigtail to one pole of the switch

Light fixture black to the other pole of the switch.

BTW, "pigtail" means a short length of wire, not just any & all wirenut connections.

jwelectric
08-18-2007, 02:29 PM
Frenchie

Who are you trying to fool with the signature?

bjferri
08-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Frenchie - That's actually a lot less confusing - thanks!! Smiling here!!

frenchie
08-18-2007, 02:51 PM
Mike - Warrior got confused, so I thought I'd clear thing up with the tagline. You think I'm a woman? I'd be a pretty ugly woman... although I don't think I'm doing too bad for a 40-year-old guy.

frenchie
08-18-2007, 02:53 PM
And this, is my favourite from our wedding pics.

jwelectric
08-18-2007, 06:18 PM
Mike - Warrior got confused,
That is why is made that remark. I has always though that you looked like a d........ uh-oh :D :D :D

frenchie
08-18-2007, 07:02 PM
Really? My feminist older sister would take that as a compliment to her influence on me, growing up...

You mean sounded like, right? ;)

BTW, you got me in trouble with my wife for posting her pic w/o asking first.