dual flush with 14" rough-in?

Users who are viewing this thread

inthefog

Reaction score
we just had a Toto Aquia dual flush installed and it's so great we want to put one in the other bathroom. the problem is that bathroom (the original in this 1936 house) has a 14" rough-in.

so, is there a dual flush with a 14" rough-in or should we use the Aquia with the 12" and put in a "backing" (which is what the plumber said is an option)?
btw, what exactly is a "backing" -- is it any piece of wood to bridge the gap or is it something specfic for toilets?

thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
There is no reason to block behind any toilet.
If you have a 14", that just means there is 2" more inches behind the toilet. No harm there.

inthefog

Reaction score
does that mean there is not a dual flush with a 14" rough-in
or that you would recommend the Aquia with the 12" rough-in and just leave an extra 2" behind it?

thx

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Most Toto Uni-fit's are available in 14" but Aquia is not.
The backing would be a extention of the wall and it would look nicer than a 2" gap behind the toilet.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I dunno, a gap means you might be able to paint back there without pulling the toilet...all a matter of choice.

HDFAN1

Reaction score
I'm with jadnashua! Since having the closet bend replacet from lead to pvc, I some how went from a 12" to a 14" rough in. I am just going to put in an Ultramax and forget the gap.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks