ventline

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It's purpose is to move air, so no, but it does need to have a continuous slope to it in case it gets condensation or rain in it, it has someplace to go instead of pooling there and breeding mosquitoes. Keep in mind, though, that if it gets a birdsnest, chipmonk, or something else in there, you want to be able to flush it or snake it out...too many angles will give you grief.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
It does matter how long a vent line is. It usually is only an issue with smaller vents though...

If you want a definite answer, post more info. Size of sanitary, size of vent, fixtures vented (or # of fixture units) and distance.

downrange

Reaction score
well i have posted on here once before and was planning to use a studor vent, but i have heard a lot of bad about those, so i wanted to do something different. i've been told of two different ways of doing this so im not sure which way is best. it will be a 2inch ventline. first i was told i could run the vent line up from the vanity, back over the bathroom and i can wet vent it into the sewer line that is already there..or i could just tie into where the vanity dumps into the main line and run the wet vent from there. its labeled both ways in the picture. from the vanity, its near impossible to run the vent up and out the roof. not with out a dozen elbows anyway! CAN SOMEONE PLESE HELP!?

Attachments

• bathroom1.bmp
    12.2 KB · Views: 189
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks