Pressure Tank Cover

Users who are viewing this thread

amadorhill

Reaction score
I know this is really not about plumbing, but I couldn't find an appropriate catagory. I live in the Sierra Foothills of California, and have a H2OW-TO, 119 gal. pressure tank. It sits in the hot sun in the summer, and the chilling cold in the winter, and I would like to find a custom cover for it. I have wrapped it in fiberglass insulation, but the winter rain and wind will tear it off. I thought maybe some of the people who work with these tanks may have run into this situation and know where a cover could be purchased. In addition to maintaining a constant temperature of the water coming to the house, I thought it may add to the lifetime of the tank itself.

gmt

Reaction score
I have yet to see a cover of that type that you describe in Amador County. I would suggest building a shed to protect the tank, piping, and electrical equipment. Also make it removable somewhat so a pump company can retreive the pump with their service boom truck.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Not sure if you have a scrap yard near you.
What you can do is get an old water heater and remove the jacket.
You just have to make sure the dimensions will fit.
You will have your insulation inside a metal jacket.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks