Water removal from an outdoor below grade stairwell

Users who are viewing this thread

wlam08

Reaction score
I have an 80 year old house with a basement walkout that floods in heavy rains. The drain that's there was disconnected before we purchased the house and cannot be reconnected without breaking up a good portion of my basement.

Is there anyway (pump or otherwise) that I can get the water ejected from this stairwell in a rain?

My other alternative is to cover the stair well up since we don't use it very often and have the water diverted before it even gets to the stairs.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
water

The immediate solution would be to get the blue Little Giant sump pump that will pump to within an eighth of an inch from the concrete floor. Once that is done you can decide if you want to do anything further.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks