Kitchen Aid Dishwasher clogged...

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Fox

Reaction score
I noticed my Kitchen Aid dishwasher leaking out the door during a wash cycle. The reason was the lower pan area wasent draining. Even after 4 days theres still 2 inch of water.
So before I get around to removing the lower kickplate to inspect the drain any obvious signs to look for? I know nothing about these so any input is helpful. I was post once I get in there, hopefully this isa clogged drain thats an easy fix.

Chris

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
First, the fill float should not allow it to fill so full that it overflows the door.

Failure to drain can be a drain solenoid, drain gate, pump, or clogged drain line.
The first thing to check is the spot where the drain hose connects to the disposer of sink tee. That is a spot which i prone to blockage. If you don't find anything there, then you have several other things to test.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
You may have two separate problems:

A clogged drain line and a bad door gasket.

Also, if you are using a powdered detergent, try switching to liquid. Too much powdered detergent can cause soap bubbles to leak out the door.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
THere has been a rash of recall notices on many brands of DW. Check it out...if you qualify, you'll get a new interior door panel or a certificate on a discount for a new one. On many, the rinse aid leaked, which can mess up the wiring harness. This is a safety recall, as it could cause a fire. Check with the manufacturer to see if your's applies.

The procedure is to input your model and serial number...if it qualifies, they will either send you a repair kit or a certificate. If you opt for the kit, once you get it, you call for a free installation.

Chris Fox

Reaction score
thanks guys...
I will check out all these areas. I did check the door seals and they feel soft and are tight in the frame.
My 25 month old son, had his run with the dishwasher door. The locks on these appliance doors are too easy for curious little minds. But no apparent door problems or strainer clogs.
I will look into the recall too.

thanks again

chris

Chris Fox

Reaction score
I pulled the lower access panel and ran a cycle no visible issues. I then pulled the drain tube from the disposal to see if the pump was out. Everything checked out, it pumped water out several times during a cycle.

After this cycle theres a 1" water left in the pan, no where near the door where I first noticed it leaking.
My only other area to look for is to remove the strainer/cover inside the washer to see it somethign got jammed in there.

Chris

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks