Sweating tip

Users who are viewing this thread

Pimbley

Reaction score
Only sharing this because I just battled it!

Don't make your last sweat the bottom elbow. That's the one that fills with water from the pipes you sweated above and angled down slightly.

CHH

Reaction score
Agreed, always start low and work your way up. That way the knees and back don't hurt so much when finished. Of course they still hurt but maybe I don't notice it so much when I'm focused on the next joint.

By the same token, always sweat from left to right unless you're Rugged and then I'm sure he sweats from right to left.:D

Last edited:

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
CHH said:
Agreed, always start low and work your way up. That way the knees and back don't hurt so much when finished. Of course they still hurt but maybe I don't notice it so much when I'm focused on the next joint.

By the same token, always sweat from left to right unless you're Rugged and then I'm sure he sweats from right to left.:D

Naah, he simply goes into a transcendental trance-like state and the pipe sweats itself..."Be one with the pipe....be one with the pipe Wwwaaaaaa...jing ping"

CHH

Reaction score
So RUGGED is a zen-master plumber? I'm assuming he learned to sweat before learning to not-sweat. How does all this relate to his PRVs, expansion tanks, and NSF checks?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
sweat

If you start sweating from the bottom and work to the top, the rising heat will help preheat the next joint, but if you work from the top down, the excess heat may loosen the joints you have already done.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks